Thursday, July 24, 2014

The day the Skye went to Heaven

I lost a dear friend the other day.

I met her in January of 2004. She was 12 years old at the time. I was sitting in a little restaurant area by myself and she came up to me and started chatting. She was such a curious little girl as they often are at that age. She complimented me on my shirt, my hand bag and my lipstick case. I told her that the lipstick case was Avon and that I sold it. She got super excited and asked me if I could get her one? I said of course I could. So, her Mom, Helen, gave me some money and their home address, and I told her I could mail it to her because she lived in Texas. I ended up keeping an eye on her for awhile so her mother could go off and do something. They were so trusting of me from the moment I met them and I appreciated it. I also appreciated the kind, angelic sweetness of this little girl. She radiated light and goodness. A true Earth Angel. I knew that she was well raised and kind hearted. A kindred spirit. What I didn't know at this point that she was a well known child actor. She was in The Patriot and many other films. We corresponded with each other over the past 10 1/2 years. I have never forgotten her and have kept in touch with her all these years. I was looking through old emails yesterday. I have birthday emails when she turned 18, emails to wish me a Merry Christmas, emails about should she cut her hair or not and just emails to check in on each other.

I will never ever forget her. I know that God sometimes calls back his Angels early. I think her time here on earth was complete. She lived such a clean life in a place like Hollywood that can take your soul. She remained innocent and pure. I truly think she is in Heaven now. She is watching over me and the others that she touched in her life.

RIP Skye McCole Bartusiak. You are Forever in my Heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment